Is your PICC team top shelf?
PICC Excellence sends a subject matter expert to evaluate your current practices based on guidelines, standards and evidence based practices. This subject matter expert validates practices and provides specific recommendations for areas needing improvement as well as a plan of action to create procedures within your facility to reduce the risk of vascular access related infections and other complications.
What you're getting
- 2 – 5 days of observation and competency assessment Written evaluation report
- Checklist/grading sheet from initial assessment
- Draft of proposed plan to present and coordinate with vascular access committee
- Open access to PICC Excellence online education (20 courses) for your entire vascular access team, including courses in beginning and advanced insertion techniques, infection prevention and care and maintenance procedures designed to reduce patient risk of complications
- Completed certificates of education with reports for designated contact person. Hard copies of competency assessments of individuals (confidential)
Because we customize the evaluation program to meet the specific objectives of the hospital, a typical evaluation equates to 2 to 6 working days with prices beginning at $3500/day. A contract between the hospital and PICC Excellence is established defining the goals, needs, benchmarks and additional education necessary to achieve the goals prior to moving forward with the program. Let us help you achieve your vision to apply best practices and recommendations to make your facility on of the best!
- Evaluate current vascular access insertion and maintenance practices by nurses and/or physicians in relation to application of guidelines
- Assess current PICC inserters to evaluate insertion competency as well as adherence to evidence-based best practices, standards and guidelines
- Develop recommendations and a plan of action to create standardized procedures known to decrease infection and complication rates and provide tools to monitor vascular access team adherence to these evidence-based practices